ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MP Andy Burnham moves to try to save Atherton and Tyldesley's Royal Mail sorting offices

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

MP Andy Burnham moves to try to save Atherton and Tyldesley's Royal Mail sorting offices

Post by POSTMAN »

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/nor ... g_offices/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image
MP Andy Burnham says the proposed closure of two Royal Mail sorting offices would have 'a detrimental impact' on Atherton and Tyldesley

LEIGH MP Andy Burnham has joined the fight to save Atherton and Tyldesley's Royal Mail sorting offices.

A campaign was launched to prevent the closure of the two centres after Royal Mail confirmed in March that it was looking into moving the services to Wardley in Swinton.

Mr Burnham says that Royal Mail will be making a decision on the future of the sites in June and has written to its chief executive in a bid to keep the offices open.

He said: “I've written to the CEO of Royal Mail to object to this proposal. I feel it will have a detrimental impact on both towns.


“Ward councillors have recently met with local shop stewards to offer support and I have also received representation from the Communication Workers Union.

"I share their concerns about the effects of extended travelling and subsequent pressures on working conditions to Royal Mail staff who would be affected.

“While I understand that no decision has been made of yet, I have requested assurance that other options are being considered alongside this proposal and that the level of service that is currently provided in my constituency will be maintained.”

The campaign against the relocation has more than 1,800 signatures online, with residents worried that a 10-mile round trip to the next nearest Royal Mail office will not be possible for many people.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.