ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

'Post thief' confronted by neighbour after allegedly stealing mail from letterbox

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

'Post thief' confronted by neighbour after allegedly stealing mail from letterbox

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/po ... er-7488208" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The mobile phone footage purports to show a woman raiding post boxes at the apartments, before being confronted by an angry onlooker

A suspected letter thief has been caught on camera allegedly stealing post from a neighbour outside a block of city flats.

The middle-aged woman - who is holding some letters - looks aghast after being quizzed about her actions.

The mobile phone footage purports to show her raiding post boxes at the apartments, before being confronted by an angry onlooker.

The man, who appears to be a resident, approaches the woman, who is seen to shut one of the post boxes seconds before she sees him.

He tells the woman he has seen her rifling through residents’ mail - and accuses her of breaking open his post box, reports Manchester Evening News.

The woman, who is seen with a number of envelopes in her hand, asks him: “What’s up? It’s my mail, love.”

Read more: 'Knicker thief' caught on CCTV taking underwear from washing line

The man then replies: “Not it’s not, you’re going to be in trouble.”

The woman is then seen to respond: “I swear, it’s my mail.”

Image

But the man, warning her she is being recorded, then tells her: “You just smashed mine as well, you’re in trouble.”

Gesticulating, with her voice raised, the woman says: “I’ve just smashed yours? I haven’t got any f****** mail, it’s mine.

"I’ve just f****** used my key.

“I’ve just used my key, I used to f****** live there. I used to live next door to [resident’s name].

“It’s f****** mine. It’s mine love. I swear, it’s mine.

“I’ve just been to my mate’s house to see if she had my spare key.”

The man again tells the woman’ she’s ‘in trouble’ after looking inside the opened post box.

The video, published on YouTube on Monday, has been described as taking place in Levenshulme - but the exact street where the incident took place is unknown.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.