Singing Bloxwich postie Nathan Farrell bags a recording contract
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi ... ll-9821390" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Singing postman Nathan Farrell has delivered his greatest achievement to date – by winning a prestigious international singing competition.
Nathan, from Bloxwich, Walsall, has won the Open Mic International competition bagging him a contract with Big Break Promotions UK and a cool £10,000 amongst a host of other prizes.
The 29-year-old beat off stiff competition from seven other finalists including contestants from USA, Australia, Russia, Italy, Jamaica and India to win the final of the competition – dubbed as the biggest search for unsigned acts from across the world.
Father to son Connor, Casey and Chloe, Nathan has auditioned for The X Factor, The Voice and Britain’s Got Talent in the past but failed to make the breakthrough until now.
Nathan, of Ingram Road, said: “I have waited all my life for this moment. I am still in shock – it is just incredible. I keep pinching myself to make sure I am not dreaming.
“To have represented the UK against singers from around the world and to win – well this is what dreams are made of.”
Nathan, who went head to head with the finalists in an online public vote, has been a postman for 11 years, with his rounds covering the Bloxwich and Leamore areas.
Nathan became famous for cheerily singing songs as he delivered letters to homes.
After customers commented on his good voice he decided to start entering competitions.
Open Mic International organisers are now throwing him a party at Fishley Park in Pelsall tonight (August 9) where they will hand him a trophy and his winners cheque.
Nathan added: “I can’t wait for the party and to celebrate with all of my friends and family. I love being a postman but I have always dreamed of becoming a professional singer and I am hoping this will change my life.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Singing Bloxwich postiebags a recording contract
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Singing Bloxwich postiebags a recording contract
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.