http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/135242 ... _Hospital/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A WEYMOUTH woman is braving a head shave to raise money for the Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU) at Dorset County Hospital.
Nina Blondeau, 42, who works as a postwoman in the town is raising money for the unit after her friend tragically lost her baby who was born prematurely.
Nina told the Echo that she wanted to do something to support the threatened unit and praise the staff who carried her friend through a traumatic time.
She said: "A friend of mine had her baby very prematurely at DCH.
"The baby got sent to Southampton and sadly died. He was about 24 weeks.
"The staff at SCBU were brilliant.
"They are the main reason the family got though it so well.
"It's what you need at a time like that.
"She is a very strong woman.
"She has done a lot of fundraising for the SCBU and, to cut a long story short, a group of us went away in June and we bought a braid for my hair and I said if it was still in by the time we got back to Weymouth I would shave my head for charity.
"I know I only have short hair anyway but it's a simply way to raise money for a good cause.
"My initial target was £200 but I have already raised £385 in about a week.
"I am hoping to reach the £500 line but anything I can raise is great and it's all for a brilliant cause.
"My friend was over the moon when she heard what I was doing.
"She was the first to pledge."
As reported in the Echo, the Kingfisher Ward and SCBU are facing an uncertain future in the Clinical Commissioning Group's (CCG) shake-up of Dorset's healthcare.
Nina said: "I am certainly backing the campaign.
"Both of the wards need to stay open.
"They are vital for the local community."
Nina is braving the head shave on August 8 at the Wyke Smugglers in Weymouth.
To sponsor Nina visit crowdfunding.justgiving.com/nina-blondeau-1
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postie baldly goes to raise money for Dorset County Hospital
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postie baldly goes to raise money for Dorset County Hospital
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.