ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Burntisland - Where has our Post Office gone?

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Burntisland - Where has our Post Office gone?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/local-h ... -1-3838757" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Residents in Burntisland have been left puzzled by the sudden closure of the town’s Post Office.

The shop closed on July 14, with a notice informing customers that it was being audited, but it never re-opened.

A statement from the Post Office, sent in reply to questions from local councillor Susan Leslie, said: “We are currently experiencing a loss of service at Burntisland; firstly, I can assure you that we will consider all options in our efforts to maintain access to Post Office services for your constituents in this part of Burntisland.

“The current position is that our field team are talking to local retailers about this Post Office opportunity and, whilst some interest has been shown, I’m unable to provide you with any more details, as we are in the early stage of our robust application and appointment process.

“I fully understand how important it is for our customers to have continued access to our services, particularly the elderly and more vulnerable members of the community; so please be assured, we will continue doing everything possible to find a workable solution.”

Councillor Leslie said: “It appears that there will be an interim solution before a permanent solution is in place. I will keep constituents informed as I hear from the Post Office headquarters.”

The Burntisland closure follows close on the heels of the recent Kinghorn post office closure where residents were left without a service for four weeks due to technical problems with computers following an audit at the shop in Rossland Place.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.