http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/news/commun ... -1-6781836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A postie is set to take part in a 100km cycle ride after overcoming a rare condition that left him unable to eat or drink.
Keen cyclist David Hogg, 35, from Hemel Hempstead, is taking part in the London’s Nightrider cycle ride, raising £500 for Battersea Dogs and Cats Home.
David became ill in 2012 and was so physically weak that he had to give up cycling completely.
David was diagnosed with Eosinphilic Estophagitis, which is an allergic inflammatory condition causing the Oesophagus to swell, making swallowing liquids or solids extremely painful.
After losing a huge amount of weight, David was almost home bound.
Luckily he had his rescue cat Harley for companionship and found this extra time at home the perfect opportunity to get to know his ginger moggie a little better.
He said: “Having Harley around really helped keep my spirits up and I’m very grateful to him for putting up with me being at home all day!
“Giving him a second chance at a happy home was the best thing me and my wife did and while we don’t have enough room for more cats right now I wanted to give something back to him.
“Battersea Dogs & Cats Home is such a longstanding organisation who do a lot of good helping the dogs and cats that arrive through their doors and were a perfect charity to raise funds for.
“After my condition stabilised in May 2014 and I had gained enough weight I decided to get back on the bike to build myself up slowly.
“I read about Nightrider in our newsletter at work, it really stood out for me and I thought it would the perfect challenge.”
To support David in his fundraising efforts visit http://www.justgiving.com/daveyboy79" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postie will cycle for cats home
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postie will cycle for cats home
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.