http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2015 ... ton-mayor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wolverhampton has taken delivery of a new mayor in the shape of former postman Ian Brookfield.
At a ceremony in council chambers at the city's Civic Centre on Wednesday, the Liverpudlian was voted in unanimously to replace Mike Heap.
Councillor Brookfield has represented Fallings Park as a councillor since May 2012, having first been elected to the council in 1995.
An avid Everton supporter, he moved to the Black Country from his home in Liverpool 26 years ago and has worked as a postman for the Royal Mail and as a qualified nurse in the prison service.
The father-of-two has also been a regional representative for the Communication Workers Union.
In his acceptance speech Councillor Brookfield told a packed council chambers that it was 'a great honour' to be elected Mayor of Wolverhampton.
He was presented with his red mayoral robe and gold chain at the ceremony, and announced that he would be supporting three charities over the coming year.
They are the city's foodbanks and soup kitchens, the Kingswood Trust and Bilston Remembered.
He added that he and his wife, the Mayoress Councillor Paula Brookfield, will also support the West Park Physiotherapy Centre.
During the ceremony tributes were paid to outgoing mayor Mike Heap, who also stood down from his role as councillor for Spring Vale earlier this month.
Councillor Wendy Thompson said Mr Heap and his wife Frances had attended more than 300 mayoral events over the past 12 months.
"This was a very caring mayor," she said. "He brought a lot of dignity to the post in a most erudite way."
In his final address to the council, Mr Heap said: "This is as rare as hen's teeth. A Yorkshire congratulating a Lancastrian on being appointed Mayor of Wolverhampton.
"He ain't a bad lad and will make a good mayor of the city."
Councillor Barry Findlay was elected as deputy mayor.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Former postie is new Wolverhampton mayor
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Former postie is new Wolverhampton mayor
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Former postie is new Wolverhampton mayor
http://wolverhamptonmayor.tumblr.com/po ... -paper-has" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Year In The Life of a Wolvo Mayor
Oh No, only Mayor Day +3 and the local paper has me sacked from Royal Mail already. What’s even worse I was actually in work today when one of my bosses pointed out I no longer worked for them, even though for the life of him he couldn’t understand what I’d done to offend him or even when he did the nasty deed. Suffice to say I was rehired on the spot, and no harm was done. But for the record The Mayor of Wolvo has been, is and will remain a working Postie for many years to come. The Mayor was Here!
Oh No, only Mayor Day +3 and the local paper has me sacked from Royal Mail already.
What’s even worse I was actually in work today when one of my bosses pointed out I no longer worked for them, even though for the life of him he couldn’t understand what I’d done to offend him or even when he did the nasty deed.
Suffice to say I was rehired on the spot, and no harm was done.
But for the record The Mayor of Wolvo has been, is and will remain a working Postie for many years to come.
The Mayor was Here!
May 22nd, 2015
A Year In The Life of a Wolvo Mayor
Oh No, only Mayor Day +3 and the local paper has me sacked from Royal Mail already. What’s even worse I was actually in work today when one of my bosses pointed out I no longer worked for them, even though for the life of him he couldn’t understand what I’d done to offend him or even when he did the nasty deed. Suffice to say I was rehired on the spot, and no harm was done. But for the record The Mayor of Wolvo has been, is and will remain a working Postie for many years to come. The Mayor was Here!
Oh No, only Mayor Day +3 and the local paper has me sacked from Royal Mail already.
What’s even worse I was actually in work today when one of my bosses pointed out I no longer worked for them, even though for the life of him he couldn’t understand what I’d done to offend him or even when he did the nasty deed.
Suffice to say I was rehired on the spot, and no harm was done.
But for the record The Mayor of Wolvo has been, is and will remain a working Postie for many years to come.
The Mayor was Here!
May 22nd, 2015
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Former postie is new Wolverhampton mayor
Yeah,but does he use the dedicated mandatory assigned equipment...
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Former postie is new Wolverhampton mayor
He's still a Dingle.. its like putting lipstick on a pig, pretties it up a bit, but it still a pig.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Former postie is new Wolverhampton mayor
Bet he goes in early to get dressed up.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Former postie is new Wolverhampton mayor
http://www.cwu.org/news/archive/cwu-rep ... mayor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wolverhampton CWU member Ian Brookfield was warmly congratulated by his colleagues when he took office as mayor of the city last week.
Ian, who is the union's area delivery rep for Wolverhampton and District, has served as a local councillor for 16 years, and will serve as mayor for the next 12 months.
Branch secretary Dave Jones said: "It's great to have Ian chosen as mayor.
"He'll be a great mayor for our city and a real credit to our union."
In a statement on his facebook page, Ian said that it had been "a great honour" to be elected Mayor.
"I have chosen to support the following charities during my mayoral year," he continued, and listed: Wolverhampton Food Banks and Soup Kitchens, Kingswood Trust, The Physiotherapy Department, West Park Hospital, Bilston Remembered and Interfaith Wolverhampton.
"I look forward to meeting as many local organisations and people as possible over the coming 12 months," Ian concluded.
Wolverhampton CWU member Ian Brookfield was warmly congratulated by his colleagues when he took office as mayor of the city last week.
Ian, who is the union's area delivery rep for Wolverhampton and District, has served as a local councillor for 16 years, and will serve as mayor for the next 12 months.
Branch secretary Dave Jones said: "It's great to have Ian chosen as mayor.
"He'll be a great mayor for our city and a real credit to our union."
In a statement on his facebook page, Ian said that it had been "a great honour" to be elected Mayor.
"I have chosen to support the following charities during my mayoral year," he continued, and listed: Wolverhampton Food Banks and Soup Kitchens, Kingswood Trust, The Physiotherapy Department, West Park Hospital, Bilston Remembered and Interfaith Wolverhampton.
"I look forward to meeting as many local organisations and people as possible over the coming 12 months," Ian concluded.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.