Singing Bloxwich postman reaches final of international competition
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2015 ... mpetition/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A postman will be hoping to deliver the right notes at the final of an international singing competition.
Nathan Farrell has made it to the grand final of the Open Mic International competition and will be the UK's only representative.
The 29-year-old has made it through five stages in order to reach the final - dubbed as the biggest search for unsigned acts from across the world.
In 2012 Mr Farrell made it through to the regional finals of the Open Mic competition
The father-of-three, to son Connor and daughters Casey and Chloe, has auditioned for The X Factor, The Voice and Britain's Got Talent in the past but this is his biggest achievement to date.
Mr Farrell, of Ingram Road, Bloxwich, said: "This is the biggest thing that has happened in my music career - it is by far the biggest success I've had.
"It is a dream come true to be representing the United Kingdom, it's unthinkable. I couldn't be more proud.
"These are really exciting moments, I have no idea what could be round the corner.
"It is a finale for everything I have done over the years."
Mr Farrell has been a postman for 11 years, with his rounds covering the Bloxwich and Leamore areas.
The finals are being held in London at the O2 Arena and will commence on June 1 and run through until July 31.
There are eight finalists with seven nations involved - USA, Australia, Russia, Italy, Jamaica and India as well as the UK.
The winner will be determined through an online vote. The person with the most votes by midnight of July 31 will be the overall winner and will receive a comprehensive winner's package and a main prize of £50,000.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Singing Bloxwich postman reaches final of international comp
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Singing Bloxwich postman reaches final of international comp
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.