ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Castle Point : Fears as postal poll forms fail to arrive

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Castle Point : Fears as postal poll forms fail to arrive

Post by POSTMAN »

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/1293019 ... to_arrive/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VOTERS in Castle Point are still waiting for their postal vote forms just days before two key elections.

Castle Point Council, which is administering both the general and local elections next Thursday, posted the forms to electors on Friday, April 24, but some residents are yet to get them. The council has had calls from eight people concerned about the missing forms.


Kenneth Goss, of Kiln Road, Thundersley, said: “We have only known the date of the election for five years, but when I phoned and inquired why my wife’s and my postal votes had not arrived, the answer was: ‘Oh! It’s down to the postal service. We have delivered them to them.’ “I pointed out that the election was next Thursday and many aged folk were dependent on other people posting their votes for them.

“I said my wife and I would be extremely angry if I was disenfranchised by the actions of the council and I hoped somebody was already carrying out an inquiry.”

A council spokeswoman said: “Nearly 10,000 postal votes were issued last Friday for delivery by Royal Mail. Only eight calls have been received by the elections office from voters who have not yet received a postal vote packet.”
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.