ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Homeowner frustated by Vale mail mix-up

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Homeowner frustated by Vale mail mix-up

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.eveshamobserver.co.uk/2015/0 ... 31397.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A FRUSTRATED homeowner says he feels helpless after his mail continually turns up at an address in Evesham, nearly 20 miles away from his Worcester home

Colin Janes of Henry Street, Barbourne said he had to rely on the honesty of the occupant of the address in Henry Street, Evesham, to claim his post, but after six previous complaints to Royal Mail he has had enough.

Mr Janes, who has been dealing with the problem for more than two years, said he was tired of being stuck in a continuous loophole with Royal Mail.

He said every time he made a complaint his mail seemed to be posted through the right letterbox, but a few months later his mail returns to Evesham.

Mr Janes said: "When I moved into the property about two years ago I noticed some of the mail wasn't arriving and this continued until I got a call from a lady saying she'd accidentally opened my post and that this had been a problem for several years for the previous owners of my house.

"I contacted Royal Mail and they apologised but since then I've made six complaints through the complaints line and was given a cast iron guarantee it wouldn't happen again and that a sign would be put on the Evesham pigeon hole informing the delivery team to double check the mail to stop the mix up.

"I've had pension and tax paperwork sent to the wrong address, this keeps going round in circles in that I'm being told the problem will be fixed but never is, I'm losing money on phone bills and god knows how many hours I've lost trying to sort it out."

Mr Janes said although he had been given numerous apologies and compensation from Royal Mail, some of his mail still had not turned up.

"I've completely lost confidence in the Royal Mail," he added.

"They just keep making false promises that keep getting broken and at the end of the day I feel my personal data has been compromised.

"I've still got missing post so the question is, where else is my post going?"

A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: "We apologise for the mis-delivery of items of mail intended for Mr Janes in Worcester and for the inconvenience this has caused to the two customers.

"Every letter is important to us and we value our quality of service, we will be monitoring their mail again closely."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Homeowner frustated by Vale mail mix-up

Post by arnold cheshire »

[
maybe he doesnt know where burslem is ?