ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Gourock Post Office Times Confusion

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Gourock Post Office Times Confusion

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.inverclydenow.com/interact/r ... 1342391067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

This card was posted through my door and I walked to Gourock Post Office on Saturday arriving at 3pm and, surprise, surprise, it was closed.

The gentleman was in the shop and I knocked on the window to show him the times on the card. He advised me these times are wrong and do not kick in till January. He advised me the opening times are Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays, not what the Royal Mail card states. I am surprised Royal Mail would print these times especially coming up to Christmas if that is the case.

Now I will need to wait till the weekend to get my parcels and I was not the only person standing outside the post office; there were others with the same card and same details.

Kathryn


Comments


00 #1 Dan The Man 2014-12-10 10:31
This was certainly the case as far back as September this year. I popped in on my way to work at 07:45 -- shop closed -- and on my way home at 17:30 -- shop closed. I also had to go in on a Saturday. So it is not a recent thing.



00 #2 Clare 2014-12-10 11:07
I had the same issue and was really annoyed about this. I went to collect my parcel on Saturday about 2pm and it was closed. Went again on Monday at 6.30pm and it was closed!! Royal Mail need to get these cards re-printed if these are not the opening times of this post office!


-1+1 #3 Postie 2014-12-10 18:26
The P739 card shouldn't list Gourock PO in the first place. The listed times likely refer to Greenock Delivery Office at Knowe Road - which is actually "your local Delivery Office".

I don't know all the reasons for Gourock items being dropped at Kempock Street. Bear in mind, though, Gourock residents are essentially receiving a free Local Collect service when people as far as Skelmorlie have to come up to Knowe Road, Greenock for their packets!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.