Extra staff drafted in to clear backlog after unofficial postal strike
http://news.stv.tv/tayside/300484-strik ... rd-avenue/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Extra postal workers have been drafted in to help clear a backlog of mail deliveries after staff walked out in an unofficial strike in Dundee.
Thousands of home in the DD2 and DD3 areas of the city were affected on Thursday following the unballoted action at Dundee West Delivery Office in Baird Avenue.
It is understood the bulk of a 150-strong workforce walked out in support of a colleague who had been suspended.
However, on Friday it emerged staff had returned to work and the conduct issue had been resolved.
Royal Mail said it was continuing talks with Communications Workers Union (CWU).
In order to clear a backlog of deliveries extra staff and managers have been drafted into the depot. Staff who took part in the unofficial strike will lose one day's pay.
A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: "Royal Mail was disappointed at the unballoted action which took place yesterday morning at Dundee West Delivery Office.
"We apologise to customers for the disruption to their mail services.
“All staff are back working today and mail deliveries and collections in the DD2 and DD3 will be as normal.
"We have also drafted in extra managers and staff to help with yesterday’s mail."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Extra staff drafted in after unofficial postal strike
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Extra staff drafted in after unofficial postal strike
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Extra staff drafted in after unofficial postal strike
Dundee posties out on unofficial strike
http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... e-1.693464" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thousands of Dundee homes did not receive mail yesterday after Royal Mail posties went out on strike.
There have been no deliveries in the DD2 or DD3 postcodes, as postal workers rallied to support a colleague who has been suspended.
The area affected by the unofficial action covers a huge section of Dundee, and includes Lochee, Ardler, the west end, Menzieshill, St Mary’s and Kirkton.
It is understood the postal worker was suspended over a disciplinary matter.
Bosses are being drafted in to deal with the backlog ahead of a possible resumption of deliveries today.
Tony Sneddon, secretary of the Dundee and Perth branch of the Communication Workers Union, confirmed the strike was taking place.
“Workers at the Dundee West delivery office are out on unofficial industrial action,” he said.
“We are trying to resolve this matter and I am hopeful they will return to work tomorrow morning.”
A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: “Royal Mail is disappointed at the unballoted action which took place this morning at Dundee West Delivery Office.
“We apologise to customers for the disruption to their mail services and we are doing all we can to minimise this.”
The company said there would be no deliveries in the affected areas, leaving customers frustrated.
Van Hoven, 76, a resident of Harrison Avenue, said: “I normally get the post at 11 o’clock but I didn’t get any this morning.
“I normally receive letters or junk mail most days.”
Another resident of Harrison Avenue, who did not wish to be named, said: “I know about the strike because my friend works at that Royal Mail office.
“All he said is that they are not happy. I didn’t get any mail today.”
Alec Leonard, 76, a retired upholsterer, said: “I didn’t receive any mail this morning and I didn’t get any yesterday.
“I have not heard about the strike. I normally get mail most days.”
Kathleen Gardiner, 66, said: “I didn’t get any mail this morning but I wasn’t expecting anything in particular.”
http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... e-1.693464" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thousands of Dundee homes did not receive mail yesterday after Royal Mail posties went out on strike.
There have been no deliveries in the DD2 or DD3 postcodes, as postal workers rallied to support a colleague who has been suspended.
The area affected by the unofficial action covers a huge section of Dundee, and includes Lochee, Ardler, the west end, Menzieshill, St Mary’s and Kirkton.
It is understood the postal worker was suspended over a disciplinary matter.
Bosses are being drafted in to deal with the backlog ahead of a possible resumption of deliveries today.
Tony Sneddon, secretary of the Dundee and Perth branch of the Communication Workers Union, confirmed the strike was taking place.
“Workers at the Dundee West delivery office are out on unofficial industrial action,” he said.
“We are trying to resolve this matter and I am hopeful they will return to work tomorrow morning.”
A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: “Royal Mail is disappointed at the unballoted action which took place this morning at Dundee West Delivery Office.
“We apologise to customers for the disruption to their mail services and we are doing all we can to minimise this.”
The company said there would be no deliveries in the affected areas, leaving customers frustrated.
Van Hoven, 76, a resident of Harrison Avenue, said: “I normally get the post at 11 o’clock but I didn’t get any this morning.
“I normally receive letters or junk mail most days.”
Another resident of Harrison Avenue, who did not wish to be named, said: “I know about the strike because my friend works at that Royal Mail office.
“All he said is that they are not happy. I didn’t get any mail today.”
Alec Leonard, 76, a retired upholsterer, said: “I didn’t receive any mail this morning and I didn’t get any yesterday.
“I have not heard about the strike. I normally get mail most days.”
Kathleen Gardiner, 66, said: “I didn’t get any mail this morning but I wasn’t expecting anything in particular.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Extra staff drafted in after unofficial postal strike
cwu wake up and see what is happening in delivery offices all over the country.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Extra staff drafted in to clear backlog after unofficial postal strike
http://news.stv.tv/tayside/300484-strik ... rd-avenue/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Extra postal workers have been drafted in to help clear a backlog of mail deliveries after staff walked out in an unofficial strike in Dundee.
Thousands of home in the DD2 and DD3 areas of the city were affected on Thursday following the unballoted action at Dundee West Delivery Office in Baird Avenue.
It is understood the bulk of a 150-strong workforce walked out in support of a colleague who had been suspended.
However, on Friday it emerged staff had returned to work and the conduct issue had been resolved.
Royal Mail said it was continuing talks with Communications Workers Union (CWU).
In order to clear a backlog of deliveries extra staff and managers have been drafted into the depot. Staff who took part in the unofficial strike will lose one day's pay.
A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: "Royal Mail was disappointed at the unballoted action which took place yesterday morning at Dundee West Delivery Office.
"We apologise to customers for the disruption to their mail services.
“All staff are back working today and mail deliveries and collections in the DD2 and DD3 will be as normal.
"We have also drafted in extra managers and staff to help with yesterday’s mail."
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Extra staff drafted in after unofficial postal strike
More to come 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??