http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/Baby-bo ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276332/Article/images/23069623/7015770-large.jpg
A TAMWORTH postman received a special delivery – not from the Royal Mail, but from the stork! Daniel Ryan (34) was driving his wife Heather to give birth at the George Eliot Hospital in Nuneaton when they got stuck in rush hour traffic.
But baby Darcey refused to wait and was born in the passenger footwell of the family's Toyota Yaris – five weeks early and weighing in at just over 5lb.
Daniel said: "Heather was in labour and I was driving her to hospital when we got stuck in traffic on Tuttle Hill in Nuneaton.
"When her contractions got to the point of no return, I pulled over and looked round for police who could give us an escort or something.
"I phoned 999 for an ambulance and they jumped out to assess Heather and then went back to the ambulance for some equipment.
"While they were there, Heather just said: 'I've got to push' and Darcey was in the footwell of the car. She was crying and then both were taken to the George Eliot to be checked over.
"There were builders nearby and they were waving and congratulating us!"
Heather (27) said: "It all seems a blur now – speedy births do run in our family, but not that quickly!
"It was a bit scary, but I just knew I had to push!
"I had seen the midwife the week before and she thought she might be breech in which case I'd have needed an emergency caesarean, so I was a bit worried.
"But it was all fine and the ambulance people were really good, really calm and professional.
After a couple of days in hospital, mum and baby are doing fine at home in Scammerton, Stonydelph – where big brother Finley (5) is proud of the new arrival.
Heather said: "He's a very proud big brother who keeps checking on his little sister!"
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Baby born in footwell of Tamworth postman's car
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Baby born in footwell of Tamworth postman's car
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.