http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news ... s/11499326._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Joe Blackford was around 9-years-old when he overhead his dad typing in the password ‘Rabidwhelk’ to access an online account.
The description of a diseased sea snail stuck with the Sutton-based songwriter, who 17 years later is still using the phrase as a stage name.
Rabidwhelk, 26, first picked up a guitar when he was 12-years-old and has been writing music ever since.
He said: "I suppose you could call my style folk, but I also dabble in electronic beats and there’s a bit of piano here and there.
"My music incorporates a number of different genres."
Rabidwhelk works as a postman and delivers along a route in Wallington, he continued: "I have thought about advertising my gigs by posting leaflets with the letters, but I haven't gotten round to it yet."
His latest release Jigsaw is the eighth EP he has put out in 3 years, and is based around his break-up from his girlfriend back in June.
It features track such as Sad Songs about writing Sad Songs, Hippy Friends, and Forgetting Essex.
He mainly performs in Croydon at venues such as the Scream Lounge and Matthews Yard, and he sometimes drifts into London to perform in Kings Cross.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Meet the Wallington postie named after a Rabid sea snail
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Meet the Wallington postie named after a Rabid sea snail
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.