ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Walsall's singing postman clinging determinedly to his dream

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Walsall's singing postman clinging determinedly to his dream

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.walsalladvertiser.co.uk/Sing ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WALSALL'S very own singing postman will have the chance to belt out his tunes to a nationwide audience with the release of his new single and his passage through the auditions of hit TV show The Voice.

Nathan Farrell, who lives in Bloxwich, is locally known as the singing postman for belting out hits during his rounds in the Ladywood area, delivering to places including Cheslyn Hay and Great Wyrley.

But the 28-year-old now has the chance to do it on a national scale with the release of his single 'Keep your dreams alive' which is now available on ITunes and Amazon.

Nathan, who has been a postman for ten years now, said the title of the single has a very deep meaning to him.


He said: "I think the title of the track says it all. I never give up on my dreams and in life overall. Life is for living and doing as much as you can, work your hardest to achieve and reach your goals.

"I have waited a long time for this to be released so I am and so happy it's finally out in the music world. I hope everyone who listens to it enjoys it."

The postman is also over the moon after making it through the first auditions for BBC show 'The Voice'.

Nathan continued: "This year was my fourth attempt. I auditioned at Broad Street in Birmingham and sang Haunted by Ben Montague, The Other Side by David Gray and that's why they call it the blues by Elton John.

"It was a huge success and I finally managed to get through. I got through the first two stages and am now awaiting a call in the next four to six weeks to tell me if I am successful or not.

"On this phone call I will find out if I progress through to the live stages where I will perform in front of the TV judges which would be a dream come true.

"I am counting the days and hoping I will get that call. The judges were amazed by my audition performances and gladly put me through the stages so I can only hope. It was a long day but well worth it."

Also in the near future for Nathan is the 'Pelsall music live' festival which is in aid of two charities and is organised by Walsall Council.

It takes place on Saturday July 26 at Pelsall Common and he will be performing.

He said: "I will be performing along with many other bands and singers and local talent. It will be a great way to show the public what I do and showcase my own songs too."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Re: Walsall's singing postman clinging determinedly to his d

Post by Nigel1505 »

As a Norfolk boy I can remember the original singing postman (Alan Smethurst) and had seen him live, but not sober. Bit like my colleagues. :nana