http://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2014/07 ... s-60-years" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Billingshurst postwoman Gail Johnson celebrated her 60th birthday in an unusual style this year, by deciding to run 60 10km races, each one in in under 60 minutes.
She says: ‘My first run was on my 59th birthday in May 2013. I did 59 more, finishing just a couple of days before the big day.
‘I decided to do the challenge again to celebrate turning 60 as I celebrated my 50th birthday by completing an ironman triathlon.
‘My work at Royal Mail keeps me fit, so I didn’t find the training difficult.’
Gail used the challenge as an opportunity to raise £1,000 to split between St Catherine’s Hospice in Crawley and children’s cancer charity Chestnut Tree House.
‘I chose the charities as my dad was due to go into St Catherine’s Hospice but never made it. I have grandchildren so that is why I wanted to it for Chestnut Tree House,’ says Gail.
‘I had fantastic support from my family and friends which made it the best experience ever.’
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sixty runs for 60 years
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Sixty runs for 60 years
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.