http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Popular-Cam ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
One of the faces of Camborne has retired after posting his final letter.
Les Bunt, who had worked as a postman in the town for 42 and a half years, called it a day after his final shift last Friday.
After the shift Mr Bunt was joined by his friends, family and colleagues both past and present to celebrate his retirement.
“We had a very good evening and I was joined by all of the postmen in Camborne as well as lots of a lot of faces that I’ve worked with in the past.
“I’m going to miss the sense of humour around the workplace, something that is very important at 5am in the morning.”
64-year-old Mr Bunt has observed an industry that has changed beyond recognition and he told of the days when Camborne postmen used to work closely with their Redruth counterparts.
“Within hours of handing in my resignation a number of calls were made and I had my leaving party arranged for me.
“I’ve been fighting illness for a while now so it’s the right time to give up work and start working on the house and garden.”
Mr Bunt started work as a postman after originally applying for a part-time role back in the early 1970s.
He had just finished studying computer programming at college and was originally told that he was overqualified for the position.
“When I first applied they weren’t sure about me because they thought I was overqualified and wouldn’t stay in the job for very long.
“42 and a half years later I think that I showed them that I would.”
Two of Mr Bunt’s brothers have also served long stints as postman in the town, Tony who worked for 20 years before retiring and George whose stretch lasted just short of that.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Popular Camborne postie delivers final letter
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Popular Camborne postie delivers final letter
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.