Dunfermline postie who ran 10 marathons in 10 days says: 'I'd do it all again!'
http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/du ... all-again/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
A DUNFERMLINE postie that ran 10 marathons over 10 days, totalling 262 miles, for charity said he would “do it again in a heartbeat”.
Ally Cameron (37), of Tinto Place, Abbeyview, started the Brathay Trust Marathon challenge in the Lake District’s Windermere on 9th May with friend Paul Foster.
So far, they both have raised around £7400 for the charity that inspires young people to engage positively in their communities.
Ally said, “All 10 marathons went really well, I ran the last three with a swollen ankle and I’m still in a bit of pain but I finished them all!
“It was an amazing experience and we were treated like royalty after each day’s run.
“Pacing yourself each day was quite difficult because you knew you had to do 26 miles the next day.
“Seeing my family along the run was very emotional, everyone was so supportive.”
Before completing this challenge Ally had run just one marathon before and had been training since last July.
He believes that being a postie helped greatly in the marathon training to build his fitness for the big challenge.
When speaking to the Press last month, before the 10 marathons, Ally said, “After visiting Brathay Trust I just felt overwhelmed at the fantastic work the volunteers do there to support vulnerable children and young people who have experienced mental, physical and sometimes sexual abuse.
“I wanted a challenge to do something different and have a goal to work towards, so after speaking it over with my friend Paul I thought this was the perfect thing to do.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dunfermline postie who ran 10 marathons in 10 days says:
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Dunfermline postie who ran 10 marathons in 10 days says:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.