Emley post office saviour Santokh Singh Uppal hailed as true Yorkshire hero
http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/business ... kh-7013408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Amanda Vigar, of V&A Bell Brown LLP, has welcomed the enterprise of a local trader to keep Emley post office open
An Emley-based businessman has been hailed as a “true Yorkshire hero” after keeping his local post office alive.
Santokh Singh Uppal, whose family owns convenience store and newsagent Emley Food & Wine, brokered a deal to save Emley’s post office, which was due to close after its owner retired.
Santokh, 48, said: “It is sad to see any local service close, especially the post office, which so many people rely on, so I am delighted to have been able to add this service to our already thriving business.
“The post office is an integral part of any community and I am happy to save it from potential closure in Emley, as the next post office is three miles away, which is out of reach for so many people in the village who don’t have any means of transport.”
Amanda Vigar, managing partner at Holmfirth-based V & A Bell Brown LLP, and her team have handled the tax affairs for Santokh for many years.
She is a keen advocate for local services and the key part that they play in the community.
She said: “I am delighted for Santokh and his family for bucking the trend of post office closures in the region.
“I am a firm supporter of buying local and using local services and it is a shame when you read about such closures as the knock-on effect can be disastrous for so many people. I would like to wish Santokh all the very best with his new business.”
Emley Food & Wine, which is operated by Santokh’s wife, Harwinder Kaur Uppal and its staff, will now incorporate the services of the post office, offering customers extended opening hours and greater access to postal services at the weekend and later during the week.
Said Santokh: “We have doubled the hours of the post office service, which gives our customers added convenience. I look forward to providing the people of Emley with these additional services.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Emley PO saviour Santokh Singh Uppal hailed as true hero
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Emley PO saviour Santokh Singh Uppal hailed as true hero
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.