ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missing mail is a problem for removal man

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Missing mail is a problem for removal man

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/missin ... -1-5936860" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MISDELIVERED mail is causing headaches for a Portsmouth removal man who says he has lost business because of the problem.

And it seems he’s not the only one in a postie-pickle.

Residents have spoken out saying they’ve received mail that should have gone to addresses in other parts of the city and that packages which should have been signed for have even ended up directly in the wheelie bin.

Nick Perry, who runs a removal business in Albert Road, Southsea, said five quotes he sent out to potential customers were misdelivered within a single week.

Mr Perry said he appealed to Royal Mail: ‘I went through the complaints procedure and got a standard letter back saying that there were so many pieces of post some were bound to go astray,’ he said.

‘But I wasn’t happy with that.

‘I’m only a small company so when I send out five quotes in a week, that’s busy.’

Mr Perry said he has also had problems at his home address, where he has received mail that should have gone to other houses.

Lisa Mabe, who lives in the Baffins area, said she also had problems with the post.

She said: ‘We’ve had parcels left in our wheelie bin, and one of them was something I bought off eBay that I was supposed to have signed for.’

Southsea Association chairman Vince Faithfull said residents had approached him about misdelivered mail: ‘Sometimes you get mail for a completely different road in a completely different area, so that must be a sorting problem,’ he said.

But Royal Mail spokesman Mike Norman said misdelivery complaints for the Portsmouth area were down 16.1 per cent in 2013-2014 on the previous year.

He said: ‘We are not aware of any specific delivery problems in the Portsmouth area and figures show that complaints in the area have reduced year on year.’

Mr Norman said anyone with complaints could call Royal Mail on 08457 740740
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.