http://www.middlewichguardian.co.uk/news/11055537._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
THE church warden of St Michaels in Hightown was knocked over by a Royal Mail van last week.
Hugh Malkin, 80, was hit by the royal mail van at around 10.30am last Wednesday, February 26 at Civic Way.
He was taken to Leighton Hospital where he is apparently receiving treatment for a hip operation and pneumonia.
Royal Mail spokesperson, Val Bodden, said: “We can confirm that one of our delivery vans was involved in a road traffic incident involving an elderly pedestrian last week in Civic Way, Middlewich.
"We are working with the police who have been investigating this incident.”
The Police added: “At 10.28am on 26 February 2014 emergency services attended a collision involving a red Vauxhall van and a pedestrian in Civic Way, Middlewich.
“The pedestrian, an 80-year-old local man was taken to Leighton Hospital with a leg injury which he is currently being treated for.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Middlewich church warden knocked over by Royal Mail van
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Middlewich church warden knocked over by Royal Mail van
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Middlewich church warden knocked over by Royal Mail van
Think everybody, including the newspaper in question and the public at large, should wait until the investigation before apportioning any blame.
I, for one, get fed up with pedestrians that just step out on me, then have the cheek to moan when I just miss them.
I, for one, get fed up with pedestrians that just step out on me, then have the cheek to moan when I just miss them.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Middlewich church warden knocked over by Royal Mail van
UnhappyGremlin wrote:- - - then have the cheek to moan when I just miss them.
Yes, don't miss them!
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."