http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor ... id-6731268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A woman was tied up by robbers during a terrifying raid at the Post Office in the Gosforth Centre, on the High street, at around 8.47am this morning
Raid at the Post Office in the Gosforth Centre, on the High Street
A post office worker was tied up by robbers during a terrifying raid.
It happened at the Post Office in the Gosforth Centre, on the High street, at around 8.47am this morning.
Police received a report that the alarm had been triggered at the store. Officers attended and found the shop had been broken into and a female member of staff had been tied up.
She was left shaken by the incident and with minor injuries.
Officers are currently at the scene and inquiries are ongoing.
People in the area have told of their shock at the robbery.
John Smith, 56, of Gosforth, said: “The post office was robbed this morning and one of the girls was tied up.
“I saw the police arrive. I came around the corner and saw so many police cars. I was wondering what had happened. The police put up a cordon.
“It’s horrendous that something like this has happened. I hope she’s ok.”
Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone who was in the area around the Gosforth Centre this morning and who saw any suspicious people or vehicles is asked to contact police on 101 ext 69191.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Woman tied up in terrifying raid at Gosforth post office
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Woman tied up in terrifying raid at Gosforth post office
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.