Post office staff retire from North Parade Chessington en masse
http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/11009513._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Between them they have delivered loyal service for more than 90 years.
But staff at the post office in Chessington’s North Parade have decided to call it a day, as the branch is refurbished and its services expanded.
They include subpostmaster Peter Young, 67, who has worked at the branch for 34 years.
He said he will spend his retirement fishing and completing projects around the house.
He added: “I’m not going to be bored at all. I do love to be by the water and I can really relax. I can sit there all day and not catch anything.”
Mr Young, of Chantry Road, said he has also taken over the conservatory for his model railway.
Mr Young’s sister Nicola Simpkins, who has worked at North Parade for 27 years, along with colleagues Doreen Young, Denise Corbett and Caroline Noakes, are also leaving the branch.
Mr Young said working there has been a “two-way thing”.
He added: “We have lived and worked in the community. They have been a wonderful lot to work with.”
Customer Derek Nash, of Orchard Road, praised the retiring workers and said: “People of Chessington and Hook go there purposely for the service they get from Peter and the staff.”
The post office will re-open as a McColl’s on Monday, and will be open from 9am to 5.30pm from Monday to Saturday.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PO staff retire from North Parade Chessington en masse
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
PO staff retire from North Parade Chessington en masse
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.