http://www.petersfieldpost.co.uk/news.c ... 27%20years" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LISS postman Dave Ray has delivered his final round in the village after decades of peddling through the village in all weathers.
Dave has become a well known figure during his 27 years of service, but is now moving to a new round in Petersfield following a restructure which replaces bikes with vans.
His round included the steep pedal up Hill Brow Road from the village centre.
Dave said: “I started in August 1986 and I’m a little bit sad that it has come to an end.
“I’ve made the round my own and I’ve got an understanding with the customers.
“People have come and gone and I’ve seen children grow up and have children of their own.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Village postman leaves round after 27 years
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Village postman leaves round after 27 years
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.