http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/10979994._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
JUSTIN Lovstrom’s family think he may have a screw loose.
But they have still agreed to help him run 100 miles, non-stop for charity.
Postman Mr Lovstrom, 44, has run half marathons, marathons and even a 52-mile “ultra marathon”.
But when he attempts the 100-mile Thames Path Ultra Marathon from London to Oxford on May 3, he won’t ever have completed a run close to that distance.
He said: “I think having a bit of a screw loose helps with these things.
“My family think I am slight crazy and the challenge is completely crazy.
“I have done one ultra marathon but now it is into the crazy league.
“It is a mind game. You can’t think of it as one 100-mile race. You have to think of it as five times 20.”
Mr Lovstrom says his wife Jackie, and their daughters Freya, 12, and nine-year-old Phoebe are completely behind him.
On the day they will be with him for the whole journey, making sure he is OK and keeping hydrated.
Phoebe has even been keeping her dad’s fundraising web page up-to-date for him at the family home in Baker Road, Abingdon.
Phoebe, who goes to Caldecott Primary School in Abingdon, said: “He is amazing, he is really determined and he is an inspiration.
“We are going to be giving him a lot of water and food along the way.He’s definitely going to make it.”
Mr Lovstrom is using his challenge to raise money for two local charities close to his heart.
The Amber Phillpott Trust for leukaemia research was set up by the parents of an 18-month old Abingdon girl who died from the disease in 2011.
Her mother, Fleur Tinson, is a teacher at Pheobe’s school.
The Yeah Baby! music festival in Abingdon every year raises money for the Amber Phillpott Trust.
The other charity, the Oxford Heart Centre, cared for a lady Mr Lovstrom used to deliver post to, who died while she was awaiting a heart transplant.
Abingdon businesses are backing him.
He said: “When I asked Abbey Press printers if they might be able to print me leaflets to advertise my fundraising, they said ‘how many?’ “They ended up printing me 600 which I have handed out to people.
“I am absolutely staggered by the support I have had.
“I don’t want to do the hard sell I just handed the leaflets out and people ask to sponsor me.
“The support has been unbelievable.”
For further information about the Amber Phillpott Trust visit amberphillpott.com
To make a donation go to uk.virginmoney giving.com/JustinLovstrom
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
'Screw loose' postie to run ultra-marathon for charity
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
'Screw loose' postie to run ultra-marathon for charity
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: 'Screw loose' postie to run ultra-marathon for charity
I think I might have to break it down a bit further than that to play that kind of mind game.“It is a mind game. You can’t think of it as one 100-mile race. You have to think of it as five times 20.”
Something like 1000 times 176 yards.
Or one taxi.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: 'Screw loose' postie to run ultra-marathon for charity
If the day job hasn't yet wrecked his body this certainly won't help. 
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: 'Screw loose' postie to run ultra-marathon for charity
He,ll be alright, probably works in a Mail Centre. Swindons close by. Just a laugh, good luck to him and a worthwhile cause to support.