ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Broughty Ferry postman is the voice for all occasions

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Broughty Ferry postman is the voice for all occasions

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/ ... s-1.172681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You probably would not recognise Kevin Parr in the street.

But you might recognise his voice, which has featured on Channel 4, as well on the radio and in video games.

“I started voiceover acting a couple of years ago,” explains Mr Parr, who lives in Broughty Ferry.

“I met up with an old school friend — he was an actor himself — in the city centre and he suggested I should do voiceover acting as I have a knack for that sort of thing.”

Since then, Mr Parr has never looked back.

“I’ve had a lot of work since. There’s plenty for a voiceover actor to do. Most of the work is in London, but with the technology around nowadays it makes it much easier.”

One of the attractions of voiceover acting is the variety, Mr Parr says.

“The thing I did on Channel 4 was great. It was called The Endless Winter — A History of Surfing in the UK.

“I did the voice of Ed Herlihy, an American news reader from the 50s and 60s. Apparently when they went to America no one realised I wasn’t from there, which is great.

“But I’ve also had to do some stranger jobs. I once did a game where I had to do the voice of a demon.

“I got given a picture of the thing and the director just said come up with a voice for that.

“That was pretty bizarre. I’ve also had to do noises like a crow, clowns and zombies.”

But Mr Parr says most of his work is more run-of-the-mill.

“Most of the jobs I do are for radio, call waiting, things like that,” he said.

“I have a good ear for accents, which is lucky because most of the voices I have had to do are English.”

Mr Parr, who works as a postman, spends his afternoons and evenings pursuing his voiceover career. “I’ve got a cupboard under my stairs which I have converted into a voice recording booth.

“It used to be the home of my shoes and socks but now it is a great place to record,” continued Mr Parr.

With his career on the up and up, we can be sure to hear more from Mr Parr in the future.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.