ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office manager gets stamp of approval

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Post Office manager gets stamp of approval

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local ... mp-2980510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Post Office manager Ruth Patterson has been awarded the Gatehouse Citizen of the Year accolade.

Ruth has worked in the town’s Post Office for 18 years and was nominated for going above and beyond the call of duty in helping customers.

She was presented with a commemorative quaich by provost Pat Jacques.

Ruth, 61, said: “I was surprised but pleased to receive it. It’s quite nice to have received this just before I retire in March.

“I would like to thank all the people of Gatehouse, employers past and present, and work colleagues for making my years here so pleasant.”

Provost Pat added: “She was absolutely embarrassed to the hilt as Ruth feels she was only doing her job. She was nominated for being very helpful and for being very kind.

“Ruth has been nominated every year since the award started six years ago but has never quite made it in the votes until now, which is great to see.

“It is well deserved.”

Ruth said she was looking forward to spending more time with family in her retirement.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.