http://www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/exmouth ... _1_3118268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ode to the work of our posties
It’s time to think of postmen,
delivering door to door,
their postbags are so heavy, filling up
more and more.
No longer just the cards we write, but
shopping bought online
that makes our Christmas easier and
saves us lots of time....
They knock for heavy packets,
weighing their bags down,
but so often no one answers, so go
back in bag with a frown.
A card is then written, saying “sorry
you weren’t in”
while they’re probably thinking, “I
wish this could go in the bin”!
So let’s hope the weather is kind to
them, no heavy rain or snow,
and when they’re desperate for
the loo, that they find a place to go.
With that in mind I ask you all, please
spare a considerate thought,
for your local postie, if they appear to
be very fraught.
Merry Christmas!
Carron Lamy
Meadow View Road
Exmouth
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ode to the work of our posties
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Ode to the work of our posties
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Ode to the work of our posties
when desperate for the loo
I find a place to go
at the back your garage
you'll see the yellow snow.

I find a place to go
at the back your garage
you'll see the yellow snow.