http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Posties- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PRAISE has been heaped on postmen and women for the 'impressive' way they have coped with the closure of Nuneaton's main sorting office.
Nuneaton and Bedworth's Mayor, councillor Bob Copland has personally thanked the town's workforce after seeing them in action.
"People can say what they want to about what has happened with the asbestos, but as a result the staff had to de-camp in Coventry and I was invited down there to see how they are coping I have to say I was massively impressed by the workers there," the borough's first citizen said.
"Before they had all of the equipment there, they were sorting letters and parcels on the cold, concrete floor. They really had their elbows to the grindstone, the workers were brilliant."
The civic leader's praise at a full council meeting came just hours after mail that was 'stranded' in the still-closed Church Street-based sorting office was finally delivered to homes across the borough.
This was almost two weeks after they were supposed to receive it.
Together with their post was a letter from Paul Whitehouse, Royal Mail's delivery director for the East.
In it he states: "Every item of mail is as important to us as it is to you and we do all we can to protect it while in our care.
"This was an unusual situation and I hope you accept my apologies for any upset this incident may cause."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Posties praised for 'impressive' work
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Posties praised for 'impressive' work
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.