ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Isle of Man postman 'still delivering' after 60 years

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Isle of Man postman 'still delivering' after 60 years

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe- ... n-24939047" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A photograph taken 60 years ago has been restaged in recognition of the Isle of Man's longest-serving postman.
Image
Peter Hudson joined the Isle of Man Post Office as a telegram boy at the age of 15 in 1953 and, 60 years on, is still delivering mail for the company.

The 75-year-old said: "I feel very touched and honoured that so much trouble went into the photograph."

When Mr Hudson, who still works three days a week, joined the company his father and sister also worked there.


In the original photograph Mr Hudson is delivering a telegram on a bantam motorbike.

'Touched and honoured'
Mr Hudson said: "I couldn't believe it when I arrived at St John's and saw what had been secretly planned - I was stunned!

"I feel very touched and honoured that so much trouble went into finding the classic bike and arranging the photograph in the same place 60 years on.

"I've met so many wonderful people over the years and have many memories that will last with me forever.

"It doesn't feel like I've been working 60 years, I've enjoyed every minute of it and the job still remains a pleasure for me."

Mike Kelly, Isle of Man Post Office chief executive, said they could not let Peter's "magnificent milestone go by unnoticed".

"Peter is highly regarded and respected by not only management and his colleagues, past and present, but by the customers he serves," he said.

"He is a model employee and we are delighted he plans to continue to work for us a little while longer yet."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Isle of Man postman 'still delivering' after 60 years

Post by daveyeff »

i cant see anyone who does park and loop lasting a fraction of that time.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Isle of Man postman 'still delivering' after 60 years

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

daveyeff wrote:i cant see anyone who does park and loop lasting a fraction of that time.
I can't see them wanting to.
But, I agree, our bodies will pack up long before our retirement dates.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.