http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Postm ... z2i4dErtGm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
POSTIE Philip Jenkins could soon be delivering hit songs rather than mail.
The 32-year-old, from Morfa, was delighted when a song he penned was picked up by a record producer in LA.
Philip, who has been delivering post in the Tumble, Drefach and Llannon areas for the past 15 years, has been writing music since he was 14.
After learning to play the keyboard and writing tunes over many years, Philip decided to pursue his passion more seriously 18 months ago.
He said: "I have always played and listened to all sorts of music.
"This song, Man on a Mission, was written earlier in the year and I always like to think of a story to base my music on.
"It is about someone who wants to change their life. One day they wake up and decide it's time to change."
After writing the song, Philip sent out the demo to record companies in the hope that someone would listen to it.
He added: "I had a phone call three months ago from a producer in LA at around 8.30pm.
"They said they had liked my demo and they wanted to record my song.
"I was completely shocked — I hadn't expected it at all."
Acoustic
The tune, which Philip describes as acoustic and mid tempo, has now been recorded by American singer Brian Dunne.
Philip added: "He has a nice voice somewhere between Ed Sheeran and James Morrison, very acoustic."
Philip said he doesn't actually sing his own songs, and instead chooses people that he enjoys listening to.
Despite his success, Philip is already busy penning more music.
He is currently working on his next song, which he hopes to record before Christmas and release next year.
Man on a Mission was released on Monday and is available from Amazon MP3, Play.com, and 7Digital.
For more information on Philip follow him on his Facebook page Philip Jenkins Songwriter.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman delivers success with record deal
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman delivers success with record deal
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
pjpostie
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 18 Oct 2013, 15:12
- Gender: Male
Postie writes song chart elegible in uk
Hi there to all my fellow postmen and women. Ive written a song that was recorded out in los angeles and is released this week and chart elegible in uk. The song is available right now to download on iTunes , Amazon mp3, 7digital and play.com. PHILIP JENKINS feat BRIAN DUNNE - MAN ON A MISSION. Please show your support and purchase the song. Thank you. philip
-
pjpostie
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 18 Oct 2013, 15:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Postie writes song chart elegible in uk
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... AA280_.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: Postman delivers success with record deal
On my shopping list....Well done, hope he makes loadsa wonga 
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.