http://www.lep.co.uk/news/mp-calls-on-r ... -1-6145817" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ribble Valley MP Nigel Evans has written to the Royal Mail, requesting that a stamp be created to commemorate World Mental Health Day 2014.
Mr Evans said: “Mental health is a hugely important issue and one whose social stigma has not yet been eradicated.
“We have come on leaps and bounds in terms of our acceptance and understanding of mental illness but there is still so much more to be done.
“Part of any campaign is social awareness and I can think of no better way of raising that then by having a stamp commissioned by the Royal Mail for World Mental Health Day 2014 and so I have written to Moya Greene with the suggestion.
He added: “This year the campaign focuses on the positive aspects of good mental health in older adults, pointing out that according to the Office of National Statistics on average people aged 55 and over have greater life satisfaction than people aged 25-54 which is definitely a fact worth celebrating.
“I would encourage everyone to take a moment to think about the impact that mental illness has on millions of people and families throughout the world and do what they can to help.”
World Mental Health Day is a campaign run every October by the Mental Health Foundation, aimed at raising awareness of mental health issues and treatments.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
MP calls on Royal Mail to help awareness campaign
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
MP calls on Royal Mail to help awareness campaign
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: MP calls on Royal Mail to help awareness campaign
Why not?
It's not like the Queens head will be there much longer.
May also open the door up to 'advertising stamps'. Each issue could have a different sponsor.
Another source of revenue for the shareholders.
It's not like the Queens head will be there much longer.
May also open the door up to 'advertising stamps'. Each issue could have a different sponsor.
Another source of revenue for the shareholders.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.