ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Flooding closes Sunderland post office

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Flooding closes Sunderland post office

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/loca ... -1-6112617" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SHOPPERS were left out in the cold after Sunderland’s main post office was forced to close yesterday.

A sign in the window of the post office in Fawcett Street said it was closed due to water damage, after a flood overnight.

Disgruntled customers were told they would need to visit sub-post offices elsewhere in the city.

Sharon Scott, 42, a hotel services worker, said: “There was a queue of a lot of people 10 minutes ago, all complaining and they send them to Hendon.”

Paul Ingham, 41, who is unemployed, said: “I’ve got bills to pay and I wanted to put the lottery on, which is all connected to the post office.

“I know need to phone my wife to tell her the bills will have to wait until tomorrow.”

Also left out of pocket was Natalie Riley, 20, a student at the University of Sunderland.

She said: “I need to post a very important document. But I need to go to one of the other post offices, which is about 20 minutes walk from here.

“I can go by Metro or bus, but it costs money.”

Speaking yesterday, a Post Office spokesperson said: “Sunderland City Post Office closed today due to flooding.

“The origin of the flood was a serious problem with the boiler in the premises and works are under way to rectify the issue and return service as soon as possible.

“It is hoped that the branch will be operational again tomorrow, business as usual.

“We would like to apologise to customers affected by the closure, and assure them that we are doing all we can to ensure services are fully restored.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Flooding closes Sunderland post office

Post by Lounge Lizard »

:funneh Sharon Scott, 42, a hotel services worker, said: “There was a queue of a lot of people 10 minutes ago, all complaining and they send them to Hendon.” :left:
- that must be about a 540 mile round trip - just for a stamp. :crazy: :nana :crazy:
Will need a :cuppa after that. :shock:
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Flooding closes Sunderland post office

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Non story.
People moaning for no good reason.
Things happen, get over it.
It was flooded, it was an unforeseen and therefore not preventable.
And I'm sure there would have been H&S implications in allowing people in.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Flooding closes Sunderland post office

Post by Sidley »

Paul Ingham, 41, who is unemployed, said: “I’ve got bills to pay and I wanted to put the lottery on, which is all connected to the post office.

“I know need to phone my wife to tell her the bills will have to wait until tomorrow.”
OMG whatever you do, please don't make this poor man pay his bills a day later or bother his wife on the phone.
He might have to resort to using another P.O. or a shop with a Pay Point or possibly a bank and that'll be the end of the world.
He obviously misses all those dream job offers as he spends so long doing his errands, damn you The Post Office and your water-permeable buildings! Damn you all to hell!

*sounds of wailing, gnashing of teeth and rending of raiments*
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Flooding closes Sunderland post office

Post by aiden01 »

Sidley wrote:
Paul Ingham, 41, who is unemployed, said: “I’ve got bills to pay and I wanted to put the lottery on, which is all connected to the post office.

“I know need to phone my wife to tell her the bills will have to wait until tomorrow.”
OMG whatever you do, please don't make this poor man pay his bills a day later or bother his wife on the phone.
He might have to resort to using another P.O. or a shop with a Pay Point or possibly a bank and that'll be the end of the world.
He obviously misses all those dream job offers as he spends so long doing his errands, damn you The Post Office and your water-permeable buildings! Damn you all to hell!

*sounds of wailing, gnashing of teeth and rending of raiments*
unemployed bills to pay and yet can still able to do lottery :crazy:
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Flooding closes Sunderland post office

Post by Sidley »

Don't be too harsh on the poor guy, didn't you hear about the awful tragedy that befell him?
He's a Mackem.

J/K :wink:
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Flooding closes Sunderland post office

Post by aiden01 »

Sidley wrote:Don't be too harsh on the poor guy, didn't you hear about the awful tragedy that befell him?
He's a Mackem.

J/K :wink:
lol :Very Happy