http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/news/co ... -1-5411253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Post Office services will be temporarily closed at Butterwick’s Nisa Local convenience store.
Some villagers are concerned about the service cut and what it will mean for those with limited mobility.
One resident, who asked not to be named, said: “There are a lot of elderley people here and I have mobility problems, so we are really concerned about this closure.”
A Post Office spokesperson said: “We apologise for any inconvenience that will be caused by the temporary closure of the Post Office branch in Butterwick from September 11.
“We would like to reassure customers we will work hard to restore the service to the community as soon as possible and are committed to maintaining services in the area.
“In the meantime, customers can access Post Office services at Freiston.”
The Standard spoke to the owner, Nirmal Singh, who said the service contract was terminated after he suffered a period of ill health and had to close the store while attending hospital.
However, he said he stayed open longer on days he was at work – to try to meet demand.
“I am awaiting the verdict of whether I will be given a second chance and be able to continue the services for the village,” he said.
Mr Singh, who recently spent money refurbishing the store, has since employed additional staff.
A petition has been made to appeal to the Post Office to restore services at the store.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Post Office services temporarily suspended at village store
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Post Office services temporarily suspended at village store
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.