ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Trina Gulliver's shirt helps postman's Help for Heroes

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Trina Gulliver's shirt helps postman's Help for Heroes

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Trina Gulliver's shirt helps postman's Help for Heroes Vietnam challenge

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/story-1 ... z2bI3VIwqP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A POSTMAN’S ambition to cycle for Help for Heroes across Vietnam had a boost from nine-times world ladies’ darts champion Trina Gulliver MBE.

The Golden Girl helped fellow Cheddar resident Ian Moss out with a signed England shirt, which auctioned off for £250, with a £50 top-up from another bidder.

Trina Gulliver MBE gave her signed England darts shirt to postman Ian Moss to auction for Help for Heroes

Trina said: “It was for a good cause and Help for Heroes is something I have supported in the past was happy to do so again.

“It was my personal England darts shirt but I got nearly all the team to sign it. I was a few short as they were not at the tournament so I replaced them with Bobby George, the media guy for England darts, and Richard Ashdown, MC for Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships.”

Shawn Anderson of the Gardeners Arms also raised £160 with a meat raffle. All this puts Ian two-thirds of the way towards the £3,600 needed to take part in the 300-mile trek from March 29 next year.

His next fundraiser is a disco at The White hart in Cheddar on Friday, August 23.
To sponsor Ian visit http://www.bmycharity.com/ianmoss2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.