http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/news/1 ... l_offices/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GRAYS Post Office will move to Thurrock Council’s offices temporarily as the saga to find it a permanent home continues.
The council will house the office, currently in the empty WH Smith store in Grays Shopping Centre, in the former cashier’s area on the ground floor of the Civic Offices.
Council leader John Kent said: “The council and the Post Office have been working closely to try to secure its long-term future in Grays.
“It is a very complex situation, but the council has offered Grays Post Office a home for six to 12 months until we can get a permanent solution.”
The Post Office will start there from Monday, June 24. Opening will be 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
Cllr Kent added: “Over the coming months we’ll keep talking with the Post Office, Grays Shopping Centre and others to find a permanent home.
“I said I was committed to keeping the Post Office open and running normally in Grays and that’s what we have done.”
A spokesman for the Post Office said the new site will provide the same services.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Post Office to move to council offices
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Post Office to move to council offices
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.