http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... ts-1934858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

THIS 30p widget for a top of the range, Scottish-made fishing rod weighs less than 30grammes. It is light as a feather.
But right royal rip-off artists Royal Mail claim the 24mm long part is so big it must be sent as a large letter at DOUBLE last year’s price.
If you think £2.50 plus VAT doesn’t sound much, you try telling business bosses like Stuart Wright, of world-famous rod makers Sharpes of Aberdeen. He’s seen postage costs rocket since April’s Royal Mail price hike.
“When you are sending hundreds of this sort of thing plus rods and nets all over the world, it soon mounts up,” he explained.
“I’m fed up with Royal Mail ripping off customers just to fatten them up for privatization. I wouldn’t touch them with one of our 15ft salmon rods, let alone a barge pole, if I could help it.”
Now Stuart and thousands like him have switched to local couriers. He added: “I can have a 5kg parcel delivered over night by Thistle couriers from Aberdeen for half what Royal Mail charge for a two-day delivery. I thought we were supposed to be encouraging small business, not bankrupting them.”
Couldn’t have put it better myself, Stuart.