https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/nation ... cels-boost" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Overall domestic mail volumes are down, but Deutsche Post’s parcels and international express businesses buoy first quarter results
Parcels growth has helped Deutsche Post DHL boost its first quarter revenues, despite fewer working days and the tough global economy.
The company posted first quarter revenue of EUR13.4bn, an increase of 0.6%. It also increased its operating profit by 2.9% to EUR711m.
Revenue gains from the German parcel business and the international express business were key growth drivers. The company’s domestic parcels business grew volume by 6.4% and revenue by 7%.
Profit improvements
In the DHL express division, daily volumes increased by over 9.5%, while revenue was up by 0.6% to EUR 3.03bn. Investment in operational improvements is now translating into profit improvements, with reported EBIT up 9.5% to EUR 254m.
In the mail division, the company’s overall domestic volumes declined by 3.4%. This was due to the discontinuation of a high-volume discounted mail service (“Infobrief”) and customers reducing their advertising spend on mail.
Analysts reacted favourably to the DP DHL results, with shares rising to a 5-year high on the day of the announcement.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I Wonder Why RM Put This Story on MYROYALMAIL.COM
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
I Wonder Why RM Put This Story on MYROYALMAIL.COM
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.