Postmen refuse to deliver mail to street in Bulwell because of 'aggressive' dog
http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Postm ... z2LdIFbGdR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
POSTMEN are refusing to deliver mail to an entire street because of an "aggressive" dog.
Royal Mail says the regular postman was unable to deliver because the dog was roaming free.
It means residents in Spruce Gardens, Bulwell, have to travel nearly two miles to collect their mail from the delivery office in Highbury Vale.
Residents received letters from Royal Mail on February 9 telling them deliveries had been suspended.
But the dog's owner says the animal – a Shar Pei Bull mastiff cross called Chunk – is a harmless pet who plays with her children.
Owner Donna Green said she could not understand the decision.
"It's a family pet – he's not bitten anybody," she said.
Resident Glenis Whysall, 57, said she had to make special trips for wedding anniversary cards and her husband's birthday.
"It's suspended indefinitely and when I went to collect mail on Friday I asked if it was going to be resolved and they said it was going to take months," she added.
The Royal Mail said it is working with police and the local dog warden to resolve the situation.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postmen refuse to deliver mail to street in Bulwell
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postmen refuse to deliver mail to street in Bulwell
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
SP115
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 25 Nov 2012, 17:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Location: Location
Re: Postmen refuse to deliver mail to street in Bulwell
That's what 1 guy said about his German Sheppard, 2 weeks later a postie gets bitten by said dogTrueBlueTerrier wrote:
"It's a family pet – he's not bitten anybody," she said.
Personally I think its the Orange coats, They seem to make them flip.
Bulwell is an absolute shithole if noone knows it
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Postmen refuse to deliver mail to street in Bulwell
Why cross a shar pei and a bull mastiff if not to create an aggressive looking dog,hardly an accidental mating
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postmen refuse to deliver mail to street in Bulwell
quiteDB1100 wrote:Why cross a shar pei and a bull mastiff if not to create an aggressive looking dog,hardly an accidental mating

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dj Silver
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 14 Nov 2011, 10:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Not sure my Sat Nav is down
Re: Postmen refuse to deliver mail to street in Bulwell
WOW! Now that is a big scary looking dog.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:quiteDB1100 wrote:Why cross a shar pei and a bull mastiff if not to create an aggressive looking dog,hardly an accidental mating
My partner of Wednesday warned about a Doberman running free on our round. I heard it barking but didn't actually see it.
It's hard to know what I would have done, or would do if attacked by say, a Doberman. I am a big lover of dogs and would hate to hurt one............. Think I'll open up a thread on the Blue Shirts section.
Somebody called me a cult the other day, well I think that was what he said!