Postie suspended over claims parts of town missed post for two years
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2013/02/2 ... two-years/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A POSTMAN has been suspended after he withheld mail from an entire Scottish postcode for up to two years.
The Kirkcaldy-based Royal Mail staff member had been withholding post from the KY1 postcode, which covers much of the Fife town and the surrounding area.
It is understood the Royal Mail has redelivered as many letters and parcels as they could but not all have been recovered.
The unnamed staff member involved has resigned since being suspended and could be prosecuted.
Royal Mail, who have been accused of “fobbing off” affected customers said they were unable to say how many households were affected or for how long.
Iain Gow, 69, a retired HR director, said he had failed to receive post he was expecting, and mail had gone astry for the past two years.
He said: “I’ve complained to the Royal Mail twice and been fobbed off.
“I was very disappointed with their response. They were not interested in it and it didn’t result in any improvement in service.
“You rely on the post, don’t you?”
He continued: “I was expecting a small parcel recently which didn’t arrive and sent away for some Tesco vouchers which I think should have arrived by now but haven’t.
“I get my neighbour’s mail and he gets mine.”
A spokesman for Royal Mail they took a “zero tolerance” approach to any dishonesty.
He added: “That stance is shared by the overwhelming majority of postmen and women, who are honest and hard-working and who do all they can to protect the mail and deliver it safely.
“We will always seek to prosecute the tiny minority of people who abuse their position of trust we have now redelivered all the mail recovered to customers.”
The spokesman continued: “If customers have any further queries, they should contact Royal Mail Customer Services on 08457740740.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Suspension over claims parts of town missed post for 2 years
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Suspension over claims parts of town missed post for 2 years
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.