http://www.carlukegazette.co.uk/news/lo ... -1-2775980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A SACKED Lanark-based postman has claimed that he was subjected to a “witch-hunt” at the town’s Royal Mail Delivery Office.
He further alleged that he was just the latest victim of long-running industrial relations problems at the office in Home Street and accused management of a lack of even-handedness when disciplining staff.
All his allegations have been rejected by Royal Mail, which defended its record in managing the office and praised its staff there for their performance and honesty.
The Gazette recently reported that two members of staff had been sacked from the office, allegedly for failing to obtain the signatures of customers they were making Recorded Deliveries to.
One of those members of staff contacted the Gazette, asking that his name be withheld as legal action over his dismissal is pending.
He alleged that for the past several years there had been a “terrible” working atmosphere in the office with “continued bullying and harassment” and a breakdown in management-personnel relations.
For more on this story pick up a copy of this week’s Lanark Gazette which is in the shops now.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Witch-hunt at Lanark Royal Mail Delivery Office?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Witch-hunt at Lanark Royal Mail Delivery Office?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
The Storey teller
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 03 Apr 2011, 10:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Witch-hunt at Lanark Royal Mail Delivery Office?
I am glad that they both were sacked, I work in Lanarkshire and its people like them that who give us all a bad name. There are tons of us who all do a cracking job in really tough conditions out delivering the mail in all weather HONESTLY! giving the punters a service which they paid for
I know one of the managers in Lanark who is a brand new young guy, I think some people need a reality check
I know one of the managers in Lanark who is a brand new young guy, I think some people need a reality check
-
ganda
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Witch-hunt at Lanark Royal Mail Delivery Office?
The Gazette recently reported that two members of staff had been sacked from the office, allegedly for failing to obtain the signatures of customers they were making Recorded Deliveries to
Rural drivers especially, beware...
-
X_hamster
- Posts: 96
- Joined: 07 Feb 2013, 10:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Witch-hunt at Lanark Royal Mail Delivery Office?
Lanark DO has been an ugly place to work for a while, just like Royal Mail as a whole over the last five years plus.
However all four posties recently dismissed from Lanark were found quilty of gross misconduct, 3 were cutting up the job to get finished, posting recordeds, ripping off labels etc, Two of the three were long standing experienced postal employees, 1 with previous suspended dismissal.
The fourth sacking was even worse, hoarding and stealing the mail.
The article is correct in branding Lanark DO a s**t hole, however all four employees were investigated by the IB, so its unlikely that any appeal will be fruitful, despite the claims of 'witch-hunt'
Having said this the management and union representation could probably do with a shake up in this office.
However all four posties recently dismissed from Lanark were found quilty of gross misconduct, 3 were cutting up the job to get finished, posting recordeds, ripping off labels etc, Two of the three were long standing experienced postal employees, 1 with previous suspended dismissal.
The fourth sacking was even worse, hoarding and stealing the mail.
The article is correct in branding Lanark DO a s**t hole, however all four employees were investigated by the IB, so its unlikely that any appeal will be fruitful, despite the claims of 'witch-hunt'
Having said this the management and union representation could probably do with a shake up in this office.
-
The Storey teller
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 03 Apr 2011, 10:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Witch-hunt at Lanark Royal Mail Delivery Office?
I am really worried that this gives us all a bad name, I agree with x hamster as clearly the guys who were ripping off recorded delivery barcodes and just bumping the items through the letter boxes without getting a signature, they should be ashamed of themselves instead of publicising it in the media. I know a few lads from Lanark who do the collections on the back shift and they are all good people and seem to get along with the managers. I also used to play football with the guy who runs the office and he was a top bloke, I have not heard anyone with a good word to say about one of the guys who was sacked apparently he was always cutting corners and looking to blame others and was basically a wrong un. I think the troops and managers in Lanark have done a good job because my manager is always telling us how well they are doing up there