ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Peacehaven - Mail depot will be staying put

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Peacehaven - Mail depot will be staying put

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10125056 ... t/?ref=rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A post depot is to stay where it is after a rethink by Royal Mail bosses.

News about the possible relocation of the delivery centre in Hoyle Road, Peacehaven, was first announced in September 2011.

Royal Mail said the lease on the building had expired, adding that they wanted to transfer it three miles down the road to Newhaven.

Brighton Kemptown MP Simon Kirby, who has campaigned on the issue, was given news on the rethink during a recent tour.

Mr Kirby said: “This is great news for Peacehaven. Since 2011 I have campaigned on this issue alongside residents and councillors, and I am delighted that Royal Mail has listened to those concerns.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.