http://www.haringeyindependent.co.uk/ne ... e_closure/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A petition aiming to prevent the closure of a Royal Mail sorting office in Hornsey has gained nearly 1000 signatures.
The appeal was announced at the weekend by Lib Dem councillors and MP Lynne Featherstone to prevent the closure and relocation of Royal Mail sorting offices in Haringey.
Royal mail announced the proposals just over a week ago which include plans to close the Hornsey delivery office in Tottenham Lane next march.
Also included in the plans is the closure of the sorting office in Harringay Green Lanes and moving its services to a new centre in Upper Holloway.
The changes will mean people will have to travel further to pick up undelivered mail and registered post.
Leader of the Lib Dem group Councillor Richard Wilson said: “This proposal is completely unacceptable and I really hope that Royal Mail listen to residents’ concerns.”
So far 919 people have signed the petition against the Royal mail plan.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Nearly 1,000 sign petition against mail office closure
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Nearly 1,000 sign petition against mail office closure
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Nearly 1,000 sign petition against mail office closure
Leader of the Lib Dem group Councillor Richard Wilson said: “I don't believe it. This proposal is completely unacceptable and I really hope that Royal Mail listen to residents’ concerns.” not that Lib Dems have much of a history of protecting postal services. 