ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Brothers help paint gold post box

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Brothers help paint gold post box

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Jake and Bradley Carter help paint gold post box in honour of Olympian Anthony Joshua

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/9 ... _post_box/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two young boys from Watford were given a chance to play a part in the town's Olympic legacy when they helped paint a Royal Mail post-box, to commemorate a local gold medallist.

Jake and Bradley Carter, from Greenbank Road, joined in with the decoration of the post-box in the High Street, which was painted gold to celebrate Anthony Joshua's boxing victory.

His mum, Pam, said: "As you can imagine was a very exciting experience for them, especially as Jake has been following the boxers progress throughout the games."

Watford-born Joshua picked up one of the final gold medals of London 2012 on Sunday in the men’s super heavyweight boxing.

The 22-year-old Finchley ABC fighter, who only took up the sport four years ago, defeated Beijing gold medallist Roberto Cammarelle.

Stamps bearing an image of Joshua’s triumph will also be available at 500 post offices from lunchtime today.

Jake, ten, said: "I was on the edge of my seat watching Anthony Joshua fight for the gold medal and when he won I couldn't stop jumping up and down, I was so excited. Now I want to be a boxer."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.