http://www.stirlingobserver.co.uk/stirl ... -31517286/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LOCAL postman Robbie Stevenson will deliver more than £1500 to Strathcarron Hospice following a first-class charity effort.
Big-hearted Robbie, who is also a part-time barman at the King Robert Hotel in Whins of Milton, generated the cash by bravely allowing ex-wife Michelle to wax his chest, legs and – oddly – his eyebrows all in the name of the good cause.
An action-packed day of events, hosted by the King Robert on July 22, also included a themed superhero fancy dress competition, a bouncy castle, face-painting, barbecue, live bands and several other activities.
Speaking to the Observer shortly after his ordeal, Robbie explained the fun day had been envisaged to raise crucial cash for both Strathcarron itself and the Denny’s hospice’s complementary therapy unit.
“It was sore, I felt a bit like a plucked chicken to be honest – and I’m a wee bit worried my eyebrows aren’t going to grow back because I’ve been told they sometimes don’t,” he said.
Robbie continued: “It was all going fine, then Michelle’s cousin stood up and started telling people that they could wax me for £5-a-strip; so people started queuing up and were just ripping strips off.
“Then the Post Office boys were trying to get me to get my eyebrows waxed. I said I’d do it if they raised another £50 – which I didn’t think would happen – and I’ve been told that my dad slipped them a tenner to make up the total!”
Robbie also said he wished to thank everyone who contributed to the day, including the King Robert management and staff, all those who either performed or donated raffle prizes and family members and friends who paid for the privilege of watching him suffer by buying tickets.
“And Michelle, I definitely want to thank her. We still get on quite well. The event was inspired by someone who was cared for by Strathcarron so we really wanted to do our best and raise as much money as possible,” Robbie concluded.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman's close shave all in aid of local charity
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman's close shave all in aid of local charity
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.