ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail delivery office in Wansford to close

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Royal Mail delivery office in Wansford to close

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news ... -1-4050800" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

People who currently use the Royal Mail sorting office in Wansford will have to travel to Orton Southgate to collect any items with customs to pay.

The move was confirmed by Royal Mail today (Thursday). The Wansford delivery office will be open for the last time on Saturday.

However, items without customs to pay will be relocated to the Wansford post office.

The two staff who work at the Wansford delivery office will be relocated to the delivery office in Newcombe Way, Orton Southgate.

The move is part of Royal Mail’s ongoing modernisation of their operations across the country

Duncan Stephenson, Royal Mail’s lead collection and delivery sector manager, said: “We have been talking to our people about this move.

“It is part of our ongoing modernisation programme and will help us to place the business on a sound, secure and stable footing.

“Our service to customers will continue to be a top priority during these changes.

“Customers in Wansford can be reassured that we will do all we can to minimise disruption to customers and ensure we continue to maintain the high level of service they expect and deserve from Royal Mail.”

Customers can still arrange a redelivery free of charge.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Royal Mail delivery office in Wansford to close

Post by DGP1 »

I think you can pay the customs charge by putting stamps on and posting the card back............so no need to travel.

I'm not sure if you can pay by card but I'm sure in this day and age, you can :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Royal Mail delivery office in Wansford to close

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DGP1 wrote:I think you can pay the customs charge by putting stamps on and posting the card back............so no need to travel.

I'm not sure if you can pay by card but I'm sure in this day and age, you can :nervous
You can put stamps on and post the card back but that's rarely possble with most people not having stamps above 60p face value ( first class letter ) and there's not space for enough of them, customs charges usually being over £10. :sad:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Royal Mail delivery office in Wansford to close

Post by DGP1 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I think you can pay the customs charge by putting stamps on and posting the card back............so no need to travel.

I'm not sure if you can pay by card but I'm sure in this day and age, you can :nervous
You can put stamps on and post the card back but that's rarely possble with most people not having stamps above 60p face value ( first class letter ) and there's not space for enough of them, customs charges usually being over £10. :sad:
Various options are available:

Online right now
Affix postage to the correct value on the other side of the fee to pay card, send the card back to us
and we'll deliver your item to you
Bring the card to the Delivery Office as stated on the fee to pay card, pay the charge and collect the item. Please remember to bring proof of identity

When the fee is paid online we will process your item and arrange for it to be delivered shortly (please allow up to five working days for delivery).
http://www.royalmail.com/discounts-payment/fee-pay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can pay it online, problem solved.........and the nice postie ( :left: ) will even deliver it for you :Very Happy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio