http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/story ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
POLICE are hunting for members of a gang who rammed Buckfastleigh post Office in a stolen Land Rover at 3am today.
They attached a wire rope to the stolen vehicle and tried to pull out the Post Office cash machine.
However, they were challenged by local people who had been woken up by the noise.
Police say the Land Rover had been stolen earlier from the Ipplepen area.
Anyone who had wire rope stolen overnight has been asked to contact police.
A 17-year-old youth was arrested. Police are searching for two or three other people who escaped on foot.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Buckfastleigh Post Office ram raid attempt
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Buckfastleigh Post Office ram raid attempt
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Buckfastleigh Post Office ram raid attempt
Not the brightest bunch are they?
Everybody knows you need to use a JCB first to dig the fecker out..

Everybody knows you need to use a JCB first to dig the fecker out..

good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Buckfastleigh Post Office ram raid attempt
If this were a caption competition I would go for the man saying into his mobile phone "I've just gone to the HSBC's hole in the wall and it's much bigger than I expected".fishtank wrote:Not the brightest bunch are they?
Everybody knows you need to use a JCB first to dig the fecker out..![]()