http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/class-effor ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A postman from Bath has biked the length of the UK solo in aid of cycling charity Sustrans.
Iain Nussey from Snow Hill, rode the Land's End to John O'Groats route on a loaded touring bike, with detours to the Isle of Skye, the Lake District and Dartmoor.
The 37-year-old clocked up 1,060 miles in just over two weeks, while battling torrential rain and winds of up to 70mph, and spending most nights under canvas.
He said: "I really enjoyed the freeness of travelling and camping."
Bristol-based Sustrans promotes sustainable transport in the UK and is best known for the National Cycle Network, which encourages cycling for its health and environmental benefits.
Iain has so far raised £680, with donations from the Norland Nursery and the Royal Mail, and the money still coming in.
"I'm absolutely overwhelmed at people's generosity and support," he said.
His next big challenge is to cycle the width of Britain from North Wales to the east coast of England.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
First class effort as Bath postman cycles length of Britain
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
First class effort as Bath postman cycles length of Britain
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.