http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/12 ... ash-pleas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BRITAIN’S biggest ever EuroMillions winners have been flooded with letters begging for cash.
But megarich Nigel Page and his partner Justine Laycock are not even at home.
It is thought they have gone abroad to spend some of their £56million haul. One postie who delivers to their £235,000 semi in Cirencester, Gloucs, said the letters were piling up.
He added: “The delivery office in Cirencester is getting loads in from all over the country and even some from abroad. They are pretty vague addresses like just: ‘To Nigel and Justine’ or: ‘The Lottery Winners, Cirencester.’ It’s absolutely crazy.
“This must be what people mean when they say winning the Lottery can ruin your life because of all the attention you get.”
Several begging letters have been sent to the local newspaper, the Wiltshire and Gloucestershire Standard.
One read: “Hello Nigel and Justine. Congratulations. We are homeless. My father is cancer patient. Please help me. God bless you.”
The paper’s editor Skip Walker said: “We have had several people making inquiries through email and telephone calls, which we have either deleted or said: ‘We are sorry but we aren’t able to help.'”
Property maintenance boss Nigel, 43, won £56,008,113.20 two weeks ago.
Friends say he will now marry his partner of eight years, estate agent Justine, 41. Tonight’s EuroMillions jackpot is an estimated £25m.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
LOTTERY WINNERS: £56M PAIR SWAMPED BY CASH PLEAS
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
LOTTERY WINNERS: £56M PAIR SWAMPED BY CASH PLEAS
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: LOTTERY WINNERS: £56M PAIR SWAMPED BY CASH PLEAS
Well Nigel Page and his partner Justine are f***ing muppets,like f**k would i go public with what they have.
On the plus side,at least we're selling extra stamps because of it,and i'm guessing the duty that delivers to them will be assessed.
On the plus side,at least we're selling extra stamps because of it,and i'm guessing the duty that delivers to them will be assessed.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: LOTTERY WINNERS: £56M PAIR SWAMPED BY CASH PLEAS
If I win I would keep my mouth shut. I mean I go out dancing a lot. If I meet women I want them to like me not my bank balance. I also don't want to deal with 100 randy golddiggers every night :)
-
carlisle
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 20:40
- Gender: Female
Re: LOTTERY WINNERS: £56M PAIR SWAMPED BY CASH PLEAS
If I meet women I want sex never mind the liking or money bit
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: LOTTERY WINNERS: £56M PAIR SWAMPED BY CASH PLEAS
If I won that much money I would make a significant donation to RMC.
(And I wouldn't expect any sex)
(And I wouldn't expect any sex)
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: LOTTERY WINNERS: £56M PAIR SWAMPED BY CASH PLEAS
They should have been advised not to go public considering past experience of previous winners, the win must have gone to their head or they were naive.
If I win that much, I would spend my life doing what I always dreamed of.
If I win that much, I would spend my life doing what I always dreamed of.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: LOTTERY WINNERS: £56M PAIR SWAMPED BY CASH PLEAS
I agree. 3 (ok 1 then) would do for me.Carew wrote: I also don't want to deal with 100 randy golddiggers every night :)
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: LOTTERY WINNERS: £56M PAIR SWAMPED BY CASH PLEAS
I wouldn't tell anyone.....but then driving around in s**t heaps for the last 3.5 years and suddenly turning up in a pristine '67, '68 or '69 Chevy Camero SS ( with the 350cu.in. small block ), possibly with a big ol' "birdcatcher" blower sticking out the bonnet ( upwards of $30k ).....I dunno - d'you think it might be a giveaway?
Still I remember what my old grandad told me when the lottery started..."Money can't buy you happiness.....but it can buy lots of class A's & whores, which is close enough!"
Still I remember what my old grandad told me when the lottery started..."Money can't buy you happiness.....but it can buy lots of class A's & whores, which is close enough!"
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: LOTTERY WINNERS: £56M PAIR SWAMPED BY CASH PLEAS
Best way to not give away things is to relocate and then no one know your background. Even better if you emigrate :)
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: LOTTERY WINNERS: £56M PAIR SWAMPED BY CASH PLEAS
smokerjim ......i like your grandad's stylesmokerjim wrote:I wouldn't tell anyone.....but then driving around in s**t heaps for the last 3.5 years and suddenly turning up in a pristine '67, '68 or '69 Chevy Camero SS ( with the 350cu.in. small block ), possibly with a big ol' "birdcatcher" blower sticking out the bonnet ( upwards of $30k ).....I dunno - d'you think it might be a giveaway?![]()
Still I remember what my old grandad told me when the lottery started..."Money can't buy you happiness.....but it can buy lots of class A's & whores, which is close enough!"
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: LOTTERY WINNERS: £56M PAIR SWAMPED BY CASH PLEAS
The trouble with most advice, adages and maxims is that they are too negative, but grandad's advice always gave me something positive to aim for!Pinky 1 wrote:smokerjim ......i like your grandad's stylesmokerjim wrote:I wouldn't tell anyone.....but then driving around in s**t heaps for the last 3.5 years and suddenly turning up in a pristine '67, '68 or '69 Chevy Camero SS ( with the 350cu.in. small block ), possibly with a big ol' "birdcatcher" blower sticking out the bonnet ( upwards of $30k ).....I dunno - d'you think it might be a giveaway?![]()
Still I remember what my old grandad told me when the lottery started..."Money can't buy you happiness.....but it can buy lots of class A's & whores, which is close enough!"![]()
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!