ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Stamp of approval for the Royal Mail

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Stamp of approval for the Royal Mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thestar.co.uk/letters/Stamp- ... 5937128.jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LAST Monday following on from the annual writing of cards I duly stuck them in the post. On my return from the post box I realised I had mistakenly included a card plus £5 tip addressed to 'Mike (morning paper boy) … from 103, H***** Road'.
Oh B*****, was my first thought. Put it down to experience deciding I would look through before posting in the future.

This morning it all came back to me…

The card returned after a circuitous journey via the Hull Mail Centre, Malmo Road back to Sheffield to be delivered a week after first posting.It had been opened at Hull, I presume to find any address, and came back as sent, including tip.

So much for scepticism, hurrah for the Royal Mail. May even transfer my account when it becomes a bank. Efficiency such as this cannot be disregarded.

Laura Myers, Sheffield
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Stamp of approval for the Royal Mail

Post by Lounge Lizard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.thestar.co.uk/letters/Stamp- ... 5937128.jp

LAST Monday following on from the annual writing of cards I duly stuck them in the post. On my return from the post box I realised I had mistakenly included a card plus £5 tip addressed to 'Mike (morning paper boy) … from 103, H***** Road'.
Oh B*****, was my first thought. Put it down to experience deciding I would look through before posting in the future.

This morning it all came back to me…

The card returned after a circuitous journey via the Hull Mail Centre, Malmo Road back to Sheffield to be delivered a week after first posting.It had been opened at Hull, I presume to find any address, and came back as sent, including tip.

So much for scepticism, hurrah for the Royal Mail. May even transfer my account when it becomes a bank. Efficiency such as this cannot be disregarded.

Laura Myers, Sheffield
But surely well over 90% of us are honest, decent people. :Very Happy
Donk
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 132
Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 01:07
Gender: Male

Re: Stamp of approval for the Royal Mail

Post by Donk »

Lounge Lizard wrote: But surely well over 90% of us are honest, decent people. :Very Happy
Of course we are, here's another example:

http://www.milngavieherald.co.uk/bearsd ... 5917746.jp

A BEARSDEN woman who accidentally posted £200 cash in a blank envelope into a post box has had her money miraculously returned to her — thanks to the observant skills of a member of staff at Royal Mail.
June Rimmer got the envelope mixed up with her Christmas cards, but it was full of money and had no address on it and nothing to identify the sender.

Despite it being piled in with millions of festive cards and letters in the Glasgow mail centre, it was plucked to safety by eagle-eyed Jason Duffy (20) who spied the banknotes through the address window.

Mrs Rimmer had taken the money out of the Bearsden branch of her bank to use for Christmas shopping but when she put it in her handbag it got muddled up with her Christmas cards — and that's how it ended up in the post box outside the Bearsden post office.

By the time she realised her mistake her cash was already on its way to the Glasgow mail centre.

She contacted the post office and Royal Mail customer services to tell them what had happened and discovered that it had been found by Jason who had handed it to his line manager.

Royal Mail then returned the money to her by special delivery.
Mrs Rimmer visited the mail centre last week to personally thank Jason for rescuing her much-needed Christmas money.

She said: "When I realised what I had done I really thought that was it, I would never see the money again because there was nothing in the envelope to say that it was mine.

"But I have been overwhelmed and delighted by the efforts everyone at Royal Mail made and I am extremely grateful, particularly to Jason who found the money and handed it over. He is a great example and it was lovely to meet him and thank him in person for his help.

"I want to wish everyone at Royal Mail a wonderful Christmas. They have certainly helped make it a happy Christmas for me."

Jason said: "I was just doing my job sorting the cards and letters and you obviously look at the address, but with this envelope there was no address, all you could see was the cash. I just flagged it up to my line manager.

"I'm really pleased that I was able to help Mrs Rimmer get her money back."

:Very Happy